- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices of french bread or any sturdy, thick bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- Butter one side of bread slices.
- Spread preserves on unbuttered sides of bread.
- Layer walnuts, green onions and cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Grill assembled sandwiches buttered side down, flipping once to lightly brown both sides of sandwich.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.