- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts
- Cream butter, egg and sugar until incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla and cream. Mix until all ingredients are fully blended.
- Stir in hazelnuts with wooden spoon.
- Pour cookie dough out on to a sheet of wax paper in the shape of a log. Roll it up so completely sealed and chill for at least 40 minutes.
- Once chilled, pre-heat the oven to 375. Slice up your cookies and place on a silpat lined baking sheet, drop a dollop of cookie batter leaving at least 2 inches apart on all sides. I like to sprinkle a tad bit more sea salt over each cookie before baking (you can omit this step but it really brings out the buttery flavor).
- Bake for about 12 minutes until edges just start to turn golden. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.