- 10 5-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- 2-3 tbsp guacamole
- Hot sauce or Tobasco
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3-4 tbsp Salsa
- 2-3 tbsp shredded cheddar
- 2-3 tbsp Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- Refried Beans : if you are making at home, then use 1 cup boiled pinto beans or small red kidney beans. Put the boiled beans in food processor with some water and make either smooth or coarse paste. Add salt to taste and it is ready.
- Quick salsa : Take 1/4 cup finely chopped onions and 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1-2 green chillies or jalapeño to taste, 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro leaves in a bowl. Add either 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice OR 1/2 tsp vinegar. Add salt to taste. Add 1/2 tsp cumin powder. Toss together and it is ready for a quick assembly.
- Sour cream : If not available, use hung curd.
- Guacamole : see here
- Tortillas : If you are making at home, refer here. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Flour-Tortillas/Detail.aspx?prop24=RD_RelatedRecipes
- For healthier version, substitute refined flour with whole wheat flour.
- You may use any available wraps or leftover or softly cooked whole wheat Chapatis.
- Preheat the oven at 425*f and grease a small rectangular baking dish. I used 6″x4″ dish.
- Hear oil in pan. Add garlic and onions and sauté for a minute if fresh and few seconds if using dried. Add refried beans paste, 1-2 tbsp salsa, cumin powder. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Heat the tortillas in microwave for 15-20 seconds or heat them lightly in a pan on stove top.
- Now start layering. Sprinkle the warm tortillas with 1/2 tsp cheese shreds. Add 1 tbsp bean paste towards one side leaving some margin to roll. Top with few sashes of hot sauce.
- Roll the tortillas slightly tight. Arrange it on greased dish with seam side down. Repeat with other tortillas till the dish is full.
- Put it in the oven on the lower rack. Let it bake for 10-12 minutes till it starts turning golden brown.
- Take it out. Let stand for 2 minutes. Separate gently and enjoy with a side of some Spanish or Mexican rice, sour cream, shredded lettuce and salsa – guacamole.