Air Fryer Donuts are just minutes away and taste amazing! Glaze them or dunk them in cinnamon and sugar for donuts in less than 15 minutes!
Air Fryer Donuts
Air fryers were made for recipes like these. Because the air fryer uses circulating to cook your favorite foods, you don’t have to dunk them in boiling oil to get amazing taste. Magically, you will still get the same fried texture but they will taste even better, and be so much better for you. Take these French Fries, Tater Tots and even Fried Chicken air fryer recipes. They are insanely delicious, better for you and have all the texture and flavor of being fried, but not! Genius!
These air fryer donuts are another example of taking something ordinary and transforming it into extraordinary. These donuts cook up in no time so breakfast or dessert will be a success in a pinch. Your family and friends will love these! Yes, they will not taste exactly like a donut from your favorite donut shop, but they will satisfy that craving! Get the whole family involved in cutting and glazing them, it is always so fun! I will warn you ahead of time that you will need to make extras because somehow they always disappear as fast as you can make them!
What You Need For Easy Donuts
With only 2 ingredients for the main donuts, these could not be much easier. Grab the kids and have some fun making these quick and simple donuts together as a family!
- Refrigerated Grands Biscuits: Using the Grands biscuits will give you a bigger rise, larger donuts and more flaky goodness.
- Olive Oil Spray: Do not use an aerosol cooking spray.
- Butter: Melt the butter before applying it to the donuts.
- Sugar: White sugar will mix best with the cinnamon.
- Cinnamon: Use a good quality cinnamon for the best flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: Sift the powdered sugar to help it mix better.
- Milk: Add more or less to thin it to the desired consistency.
- Vanilla: This will provide the wonderful classic flavor.
- Sprinkles: These are optional, but so fun to use!
How to Make Donuts in the Air Fryer
In less than 5 minutes these donuts well be almost ready to eat. Just coat to taste and watch them get devoured. You should keep the ingredients for these air fryer donuts at all times.
- Biscuits: Remove the biscuits from the can and place them on a cutting board. Press lightly to flatten.
- Cut: Using a 1 inch biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of the dough.
- Spray: Lightly spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place four donuts in a single layer in the basket.
- Bake: Cook at 350 degrees for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from air fryer.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- Mix: In a bowl add the melted butter and in another bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush: Brush the donut with the melted butter.
- Dip: Dip in the cinnamon and sugar using a spoon to help cover it completely.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Dip: Dip the donut into the glaze and top with sprinkles.
Tips For Air Fryer Easy Donuts
I love making these air fryer donuts when life has thrown me a curve ball. They are fast and hit the spot! I don’t feel guilty about eating them or serving them because they are not drenched in oil.
- Air Fryer: Every air fryer is a bit different, I recommend making just one at first to see if you need to cut the time or increase it. My times are basic guidelines.
- Overcrowding: Do not place too many donuts in the air fryer basket. The air fryer works best if the air can circulate around the donuts evenly. This will brown and cook your donuts perfectly.
- Oil Spray: Use oil or coconut oil spray to coat the fryer and biscuits. Do not use a cooking spray like Pam, they have additives that will ruin the finish on your air fryer basket.
- Biscuits: We love to use the Grands Flakey Biscuits, they cook up big and have buttery layers inside. Remember these will not taste exactly like a store donut, but they will still be divine.
Cutting Donut Holes
A donut just is not the same without the holes.
- No Cutter: If you do not have a donut hole cutter, look around your kitchen, you probably have something that will work. I have heard of using a medicine cup from children’s medicine, a cleaned out milk cap or bottle cap, and if all else fails use a knife.
- Do not get ready of the donut holes: Eating donut holes is sometimes the absolute best. After you have air fried all the donuts, cook up the donut holes. Glaze as desired.
Variations for Homemade Donuts
Mix up the toppings and frostings to your hearts content!
- Maple Glaze: For a maple flavor replace the vanilla with maple extract, more or less to taste.
- Maple Bacon Topping: After you dunk them in the maple glaze cover the donuts with cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Toppings: Add crushed nuts, or crushed cookies to add texture and flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: For a powdery donut, brush with butter and then roll in a bowl of powdered sugar or sift the sugar generously.
- Food Coloring: Add a few drops of whatever color you need or want for special occasions.
- Sprinkles: There are so many different kinds of sprinkles that you can use, get creative.
Storing and Serving Air Fryer Donuts
- Storing: Air fryer donuts are best fresh, but if you have leftovers they will keep on your counter tightly wrapped for 1-2 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for a few seconds or the microwave.
- Serve: Make these for a tasty breakfast treat and serve with eggs and bacon, a breakfast casserole or a breakfast taco or burrito. These will definitely be worth getting up for!
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Air frying is amazing. It is a countertop appliance that will change your life. It cooks foods to absolute perfection, makes them healthier and faster and isn’t that expensive. If you have not gotten one, I suggest you put it on your list of things to buy, or a birthday list, wish list or even Christmas list. If you do have one and need some recipes to try, I have you covered with the best tried and true air fryer recipes out there! These will just get your started.
- Perfect Air Fryer Pizza
- Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- Amazing Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Roasted Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Brown Sugar Garlic Salmon in 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can refrigerated grands biscuits
- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: Sprinkles
Remove the biscuits from the can and place them on a cutting board. Press lightly to flatten.
Using a 1 inch biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of the dough.
Lightly spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place four donuts in a single layer in the basket.
Cook at 350 degrees for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from air fryer.
To make Cinnamon Sugar topping:
In a bowl add the melted butter and in another bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
Brush the donut with the melted butter.
Dip in the cinnamon sugar.
To make the glazed topping:
In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Dip the donut into the glazed and top with sprinkles.
- If you want the glaze to be thicker like a frosting, use 2 Tablespoons Milk
The Recipe Critic