- 12 • about basil leaves
- 12 • cherry or date tomatoes
- 25 milliliters • of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons • of spreadable goat cheese
- 2 • medium peaches
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the ends of each tomato and peel them.
- Slice tomatoes lengthwise into 3 – 4 slices. Discard seeds.
- Peel peaches.
- Using a mandolin, slice peaches. Begin slicing one side, then the other side. You have to slice all 4 sides of the peach. Try to get as much pulp as you can. Since you are not going to get all round slices, keep the half-moon slices for making the sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, place half-moon peach slices, 6 basil leaves, and 25 ml of extra virgin olive oil on a blending beaker. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend all ingredients until you get a creamy consistency. About 2-3 minutes. Using a tablespoon, place the sauce onto a plate by forming a thick line.
- Place the round metal pastry cutter in the middle.
- Spread goat cheese inn the bottom of the round cutter.
- Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Add one hand sliced basil leave.
- Arrange peach slices.
- Continue layering until you place peaches on top. Add one tomato bottom and two small basil leaves fo garnish. Before taking the pastry cutter off, leave it for about 15 minutes to allow the cake to settle.