- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, finely minced
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, or less (to taste- I like a lot!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and stir. Cover and reduce heat. Allow quinoa to simmer on medium-low heat until all water is cooked off, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Be careful not to burn your quinoa. Allow to cool.
- Place cooled quinoa into a large bowl (preferably something with an airtight lid).
- Add all remaining ingredients and gently stir until very well-mixed. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Stir again before serving.
- Can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for two or three days. But it's best on the first day, when the veggies are still fresh and crisp!