- 3 pounds diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup diced Hatch Green Chile
- 3/4 cup organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Mesquite Desert Honey
- 1/4 cup organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- In a large saucepan, dump in the tomatoes and green chile.
- Add the remainder of ingredients to the tomatoes and green chile. Bring mixture to a boil, then medium simmer for 2 hours. Be sure and stir frequently to ensure that it does not start to scorch on the bottom of the pan. The brown sugar will lend itself to burning if you aren't careful. (Don't ask me how I know this. I did catch mine in time to save the batch!)
- After a couple of hours, use a stick blender or hand blender if you don't have a stick and swirl around the pan until the mixture has an even consistency.
- Simmer for another hour or so until most of the liquid has cooked off
- Remove from heat and let cool. This will make about a pint of delicious, addictive Southwestern Tomato Jam!!
- Store in the refrigerator where it should keep several weeks.